COINS OF COMPASSION
Interfaith Food Pantry of Portage County
Started by The Springs UMC in the 1990’s, the Interfaith Food Pantry of Portage County is located at 2810 Post Rd in Plover and is open to anyone living in the county. Funds will be used to help pay for food needed for distribution that was not obtained through donations.
Personal Hygiene Items
MIDWEST MISSION DISTRIBUTION CENTER
It is time to start thinking about our mission trip to Midwest Mission Distribution Center in January 2017. We are leaving on Tuesday, January 17 and returning on Saturday, January 21. We will be working Wednesday through Friday only, as MMDC is now closed on Saturdays.
A non-refundable deposit of $50 is required by November 1, 2016 and the balance of $200 is needed by January 1, 2017. We have rooms reserved for 16 volunteers. We travel in a caravan with our food supplies, MMDC supplies and bedding. Bonnie Lund provides games for us to play or you can bring your crafty work with you also. Yes, we do have lots of laughs!
Please call Mary Gurlea at 715-321-2102 or email Mary at firstname.lastname@example.org to indicate your interest. All monies will be directed to Mary Gurlea; there is mailbox in the office at the Point location. Please feel free to contact Mary, Bonnie Lund at email@example.com or Vern Walters at
firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. Looking forward to having all our 16 beds full this year! Thank you!
We are in need of helpers on Wednesday nights, 6:30-8:00 PM. We sort clothes by sizes and gender and have fun doing this! Come and join us if you can.
Monetary donations are also welcomed so we can purchase clothing sizes we need. Checks can be made out to St. Pauls UMC/Project Fresh Clothes.
We will also need volunteers to help with setting up, distributing and tearing down the week of August 13.
Whether you contribute your time, dollars or clothing, PFC is a unique opportunity to make a direct impact of the children in our community. Please consider being a part of this effort to make this project a success for its 13th year!
Questions? Contact Cathy Martin, Mary Schultz, Liz Hayden, Maggie Watson or Gini Wurtzel
INTERFAITH FOOD PANTRY
- The purpose of the pantry is to act as hands of the community to serve the Portage County residents in need of supplemental food.
- The pantry serves any resident of Portage County, commonly including unemployed, underemployed, elderly, handicapped, single parent or
- The pantry provides regular service twice per month, the second and fourth Tuesday of each month from 6 to 8 PM.
- The pantry serves an average of 650 persons (about 160 households) at each pantry or about 1,300 persons (320 households) per month.
- Each household receives food in proportion to household size: about 50 to 80 pounds of food per each pantry.
- Items distributed include meat, potatoes, frozen products, canned and boxed items, fresh fruits and vegetables, dairy items, eggs, bread and bakery items.
The following are numbers from the July 12th pantry:
Families 163 (19 new)
Individuals 556 (55 new)
Children 166 (19 new)
Seniors 67 (5 new)
The following are numbers from the July 26th pantry:
Families 177 (17 new)
Individuals 679 (51 new)
Children 228 (21 new)
Seniors 55 (2 new)