[expand title=”Adult Ministry”]
NEW SPRING OFFERINGS
DISCOVERING GOD’S VISION FOR YOUR LIFE: “YOU AND YOUR SPIRITUAL GIFTS” – This course will provide a renewed understanding of who God created you to be and God’s design for how your giftedness shared, completes God’s mission for the church. The course will run for 4 weeks, 1:00 – 3:00 pm on Tuesdays April 4. Please call the church office if you would like to participate. Cost of materials is $8.00. Leaders: Randy and Patti Hermes, Mary Gurlea, Nea Miller.
PLACEMAT/COLORING MINISTRY – now meets in the gathering space (narthex), at the Point locations, on Wednesdays 5:00-5:30 pm. Come join us for a time of fellowship!
“LITTLE FREE PANTRY” – this project has had some delays, but we are getting closer to launch day! It will soon be on the post near the “Little Free Library”.
ON GOING CLASSES AND ACTIVITIES
Most of the on going study groups go through May, but will take a break for the Summer months, resume in the Fall. A new brochure with specifics will be out mid-Summer.
PLACE OF PEACE – continues through the Summer (3rd Thursday of the month).
MIDDLER/ SR. LUNCHEONS – continues through the summer with the exception of July.
BARHOPPING WITH THE PASTOR – continues through the Summer (2nd Thursday of the month).
Our goal in Adult Ministry is to “Make Disciples of Jesus Christ for the Transformation of the World” through Prayer, Care, Study, and Serving, so that we might live out John Wesley’s wise words… “DO ALL THE GOOD YOU CAN, BY ALL THE MEANS YOU CAN, IN ALL THE WAYS YOU CAN,IN ALL THE PLACES YOU CAN, AT ALL THE TIMES YOU CAN, TO ALL THE PEOPLE YOU CAN”. Amen
[expand title=”Staff Parish News”]
The Staff-Parish Committee continues to await patiently the work of the bishop and cabinet as they seek to fill our request for a second pastor. Be sure you continue in prayer about this important matter in our life together “making disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world.”
[expand title=”Trustees Committee”]
We often think of church trustees as the people to call when the roof leaks, the toilet breaks, the sink clogs or the parking lot needs plowed. This winter, we experienced all of those instances between the Point and Plover locations. Now that spring temperatures have arrived, your trustees are busy to getting things accomplished in the following ways:
- The company that installed the roof over Hazel Cakins Hall, the library and Howard’s office are at Stevens Point to fix the leaks, replace insulation and re-install the shingles over the north section of the roof.
- The flat roof portion of the roof in Plover will be replaced in early April.
- We are in process of soliciting proposals for materials to remodel the bathroom and kitchen at the Plover parsonage.
- Several portions of the St. Paul’s Ave sidewalk will be replaced by the city of Stevens Point later this spring.
- We are evaluating alternatives to replace the heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems at the Point location.
- Soon, we will begin getting estimates to repair the stucco and exterior letters for “St Paul’s” on the east side of the building at the Point locations.
- Painting is expected to resume next month on the lower level in Plover.
Trustees meet on the first Thursday of each month and you are always invited to attend.
Your UMC Trustees