Transitioning to a new season brings a new look. Our focus may change a bit and that’s okay! So having said that, we will share briefly, our various groups’ plans for the summer months.
The following groups will be taking a break for the summer months: Faithlink, Placemat Ministry, Wednesday Night Bible Study, Happy Hour and Fly High Huddle Warm.
In the month of May, Happy Hour will be doing a short new book… “Are You Fired Up Or Burned Out?” In the month of May, Women on the Grow group will read …”The Christ Centered Woman”.
Those groups continuing through the summer months: Quilting Ministry, Men’s Breakfast Group (United Methodist Men), Dinner for Six, Place of Peace dinners (May 12, June 16, July 21, august 18), Little Free Library”, Middler/Senior Luncheons (July off), and Barhopping with the Pastor.
The Adult Ministry team will be putting together a survey soon for you to express your ideas. Please take the time to give us your input…your voice matters…and makes a difference in the ministries we provide. Thank you!
May you experience the joy of Jesus!!!
Patti and Nea
Campus Ministry – UWSP
Crossroads Campus Ministry is a progressive, open and affirming ministry on the UWSP campus–ALL are welcome here! For more upcoming campus ministry programs and events, follow us on Facebook at UWSP Crossroads.
Night Prayer at Newman Center Chapel:
Monday, April 25, 9:00 pm
Laundry Love at Burroughs Hall:
Monday, May 2 (visit: Facebook for full schedule)
Dinner Church at Newman Center:
Monday, May 9, 5:00 -7:00 pm
<strong>Why Christian? Talks Series Sponsored by Campus Ministry – UWSP.</strong>
With wispy blue hair and black framed glasses, Rev. Kerlin Richter looks more likely to be a barista at your favorite coffee shop than a dispenser of Christian homilies. In 2013, Kerlin was selected by the Beatitudes Society as one of eight emerging faith leaders from across the U.S. Come for Kerlin’s, <em>Why Christian?</em>, talk at Newman Center, May 16, 5:30-7:00 pm. Everyone is welcome!
What is United Methodist Men (UMM)?
This ministry of men is defined as a core group of men, partnering with their pastor, to invite and initiate spiritual growth opportunities for all men of the church. Everyone has different gifts, graces and areas of interest. Therefore, opportunities for participation would include the diverse ministries of the church. The focus is not inward, concentrating only on those who attend a set meeting, but outward to all men, assisting them to engage the process of spiritual growth. Our pathway is a lifelong commitment to spiritual growth to maturity as Christ followers.
What is the purpose of UMM?
- To be a creative, supportive fellowship of men who seek to know Jesus Christ, to grow spiritually and to seek daily his will.
- To declare the centrality of Christ in the lives of men and in all their relationships.
Why is men’s ministry important?
- Men lead others best by modeling Jesus Christ in thoughts, words and deeds.
- Spiritual maturity is signified in spiritual reproduction, as the faith of mature disciples passes on in others.
- Men growing in Christ become effective spiritual leaders in their homes and congregations, working as partners with their spouses and congregational leaders-both lay and clergy.
- Spiritually growing men help congregations to become vital and alive.
- Everything desired from and through men comes as a result of men growing spiritually and maturing as disciples: family blessings, stewardship, service, outreach, prayer, spiritual leadership, lifestyle evangelism, and faithful obedience. Men are foundational to the life and health of the church.
- When a man lives daily in surrendered faith, God is honored and many lives are blessed. Transformed hearts are forged only within Christ-centered lives-nothing less is our acceptable offering; nothing less truly reveals Christ.
Who are the leaders of UMM:
President – Ernie Taylor
Vice President – Scott Frazier
Treasurer – Brad Northcraft
Secretary – Randy Hermes
Interested? Talk to one of the leaders and watch for more from the United Methodist Men!
Needed! – Hospital Visitors
Nurture Ministries is seeking individuals interested in joining the team of laypersons who visit hospitalized members of our church family. The commitment is shared among team members who are called to respond as needed. To volunteer to serve in this ministry or for further information, please call Diane Ogdon at 715-341-0362 or Judy Hill at 715-341-2323.
Social Creed Ministry
Flower Bed #10 on the parking lot (along Jordan Lane) needs someone to adopt it.
Call Olive White 71-344-5646 if interested.
Women In Action
SPRING RUMMAGE SALE
Time to go through your closets, garage, kitchen cupboards, books, etc. and recycle those items that you no longer need. We have folks that need your good clean items. The dates are May 3 and 4. Items will be moved from the stage after the service on May 1. Set-up is Monday, May 2 from 9:00 am – 6:00 pm. The Rummage Sale is Tuesday, May 3, 8:00 am – 6:00 pm and Wednesday 8:00 – 11:00 am. Wednesday items are $4 a bag. Many hands are needed for set up, working the sale and clean up after the sale on Wednesday. Men needed on Wednesday at 11:00 am to help take down the tables and help with clean up. If you can give an hour or more of your time that is appreciated. We have great fellowship and treats are provided. If you can help out or have questions, contact Bonnie Lund at 715-345-0247 or email@example.com. Thank you.