“Worship is rooted in Scripture and in our United Methodist heritage and experience. Our worship in both its diversity and its unity is an encounter with the living God through the risen Christ in the power of the Holy Spirit. When the people of God gather, the Spirit is free to move them to worship in diverse ways, according to their needs.” – United Methodist Book of Worship
Our worship services are scripturally based and relevant to today’s world, both contemporary and traditional, spirit-filled and reflective. Children and youth are welcome. People of all ages and stages of life can find a worship home with our church family. There are no dress codes or requirements, except a humble heart.
Sunday Worship at Plover – 8:45 am
Waffle Church at Point – 9:00 am (The first Sunday of the month)
Sunday Worship at Point – 10:15 am
What to expect / What we offer
- All are welcome at The Lord’s Supper
- Prayer for community concerns
- Activity Bags for children in worship
- Hearing assistance
- Handicap accessibility
- Large print bulletins
- All parts of service are on a powerpoint screen
Prayer and Spiritual Growth
Prayer is viewed as a central ministry of our congregation. Members and friends of the United Methodist Church are encouraged to worship and pray regularly in their daily lives.
- You may contact the Prayer Chain if you have a prayer request.
- Our Sanctuary and Chapel are open when the church is open, although sometimes they may be in use by others.
- Prayer Quilts are created upon request for members and friends of our congregation, when a person needs to have a concrete experience of being “wrapped” in the prayers of the church.
We encourage the congregation to use devotional materials.
- Copies of the following are made available:
- For adults, regular and large print copies of The Upper Room are available free of charge bi-monthly (Jan-Feb, Mar-Apr, May-Jun, etc.). It may also be received electronically for a small subscription fee by email and on your Android and Apple phones
- For Children 8-12 years, Pockets magazine
- For Youth, Devozine (for teens + by teens)
- Sign up for Sight Psalms – a daily, online, photo inspiration intended to help people reflect on God’s presence in the world and in their lives through the use of images. Each day, a new photograph is posted to evoke reflection and inspiration within themes connected to the Christian year, and it is usually accompanied by a few words.
- Visit The Upper Room website for Daily Devotionals and weekly Disciplines devotional material.
Music Opportunities in Point
N’Joy – A contemporary music group which leads worship once a month.
Contact: Yvonne Chojnacki
Chancel Choir – A high school through adult music group which sings two to three times a month.
Contact: Pat Laabs
Adult Bell Choir – Leads in worship once a month.
Contact: Caryn Hurst
Children’s Music: During Faith Formation time in the chapel following Children’s Moment during the worship service.
Ways to Serve in Worship
Liturgist: Lead readings during the worship service.
Children’s Moment: share with children on a topic related to the Sunday sermon.
Usher: welcome people to worship, distribute worship materials, assist in receiving the offering, prepare the space for The Lord’s Supper.
Tech person: enhance the worship experience through operation of the powerpoint and sound system.
Greeter: Help people feel welcome as they attend worship and see that guests find a friendly place to worship God.
Communion Stewards: Prepare the bread and cup for communion.